In addition to the great houses of the politicians, three others deserve a special mention:
Wimbledon Lodge built by Gerard de Visme, a wealthy Heugenot wine merchant, in 1792 was constructed in the then popular "Greek revival" style. The garden front had an elaborate balcony supported by caryatids. The house stood at the end of the present Murray Road whose semi-circular junction with Southside follows the line of the original entrance drive.

Gothic Lodge was built in 1760 in the "Gothick" style made popular by Horace Walpole at his home in Strawberry Hill, near Twickenham. It uses medieval architectural details including ogee arches to windows and a pointed arch over the door. In 1820 the house was leased by Capt. Frederick Marryat R.N. as a home for his wife and family whilst he was away at see. A prolific writer, his best known novels are probably "Mr. Midshipman Easy" and "Children of the New Forest".

The Keir was a large house on Westside built in 1789 for the Aguller family who were traders in Jamaica. By 1812 the house was occupied by the McEvoys, also from the West Indies. They were Roman Catholics and in the 1830s built a chapel  and a small cottage for their private chaplain. The cottage still stands in Cannizaro Park. In the 1850’s the house was used as a school but by 1875 it was again a private house, now owned by Richardson Evans, the founder of the John Evelyn Club and thereby our museum!