The mission of the Museum of Wimbledon is to collect, record, conserve and display material relating to the history of Wimbledon, and to make it available to all.
- To build representative collections which enable the museum to interpret the history of Wimbledon coherently.
- To ensure the long term preservation and documentation of the collections.
- To make the collections accessible, in particular through the creation and promotion of attractive and informative displays, also available on-line.
- To devise educational programmes to meet the needs of schools and life-long learning.
- To develop services appropriate to the local community.
The Museum of Wimbledon receives no external funding and is staffed entirely by volunteers. The museum is a registered charity, as is its parent organisation The Wimbledon Society, which celebrated its centenary in 2003.
For information about its many contributions to the enjoyment of life in Wimbledon, please visit the website at: www.wimbledonsociety.org.uk